Tuesday 12 March 2013

Tea Light Holder From Wine Glass - Tutorial






Welcome to my first photo-tutorial. I want to encourage you to try decoupage at home.

It took me about 30 minutes to transfer wine glass into beautiful and unique tea light holder - lantern.

I will explain what I did step by step:

1. I took wine glass (can be old piece that is no longer in use).




2. I took rice serviette with pattern that I wanted to use, glue for napkin and brush.




3. I tore napkin into the pieces and using the brush I glued them onto the glass (outside only)



4. I used glue on the bottom part of the glass as a primer.


5. When glue was dry I used glue for gilding over the bottom part.


6. After while when glue was clear but still sticky I used gold leaves over the bottom part. 


7. I used shellac over the whole piece to protect it.


8. Then I decided to use relief liner to cover place where napkin met gilding.


What I got as a result:






2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna, beautiful glass/light holder, You are certainly gifted! I have added this blog to my gardening blog sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peggy :) I hope to see you again :)

      Delete