Wednesday 6 March 2013

Why 'Decoupage 4 Kids'??

As some of you may know, I was on the Fermoy Indoor Market and Baby Fair on Sunday.

 I met some very old friend like Pat. She used to work with my husband 6 years ago and she was one of the first very friendly and helpful Irish that I have met since I moved here.
 I made some new friends and also I met some new-old friends-followers from Facebook.

Many times they asked - why your name on the Facebook is Decoupage 4 Kids? Here is explain.

In 2008 I started decoupage. I was decorating stuff for my kids, mostly because I can not afford to buy, but also because I like to have something beautiful and unique. I don't like cheap plastic from China.

In 2009 I started 'gathering for decoupage' in Carrigtwohill Family Resource Centre, every week meeting for decoupage lovers. Unfortunately that started to collide with my work so I had to resign.

I joined to Facebook on 19 May 2011. That time I didn't want to work on decoupage for profit. I still was decorating items for kids, friends and family. I also taught a little bit without the profit.
Name "Decoupage 4 Kids" was the most accurate that time.

In October 2012 I decided to start my own business from September 2013.


Life is hard to plan... I registered my name DECOUPAGE and rented a domain DECOUPAGE.IE in February 2013. I couldn't wait until September because other people took already my all business ideas... Thanks God I have so many friend that believe in my and so many good people I met on my way and they all together help me to survive very hard time.
Thank you all for being with me :)

I still thinking what should I do with my Facebook page? I can't change the name now. I can start new one... but I am so sentimental...

PS Hello to the all spies :) Especially from my favorite forum :D I see you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment